Help Combat the Signs of Skin Damage With the Power of Vitamin C
As “the most important skin antioxidant,”1 Vitamin C offers many benefits:
- Complements collagen synthesis2
- Brightens skin3
- Retains moisture4
- Neutralises free radicals2
- Replenishes Vitamin E5
Obagi Line of Vitamin C SerumsThe Professional-C Serums are formulated with L-ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) to help defend against the signs of skin ageing.
1. Lewis AB, Regan K. Dermatological procedure enhancement products—a beneficial means to combat aging skin. US Dermatol Review. 2006;1-5.
2. Farris PK. Topical vitamin C: a useful agent for treating photoaging and other dermatologic conditions. Dermatol Surg. 2005;31(7, pt 2):814-818.
3. Kameyama K, Sakai C, Kondoh S, et al. Inhibitory effect of magnesium L-ascorbyl-2-phosphate (VC-PMG) on melanogenesis in vitro and in vivo. J Am Acad Dermatol. 1996;34(1):29-33.
4. Campos PM, Gonçalves GM, Gaspar LR. In vitro antioxidant activity and in vivo efficacy of topical formulations containing vitamin C and its derivatives studied by non-invasive methods. Skin Res Technol. 2008;14(3):376-380.
5. Burgess C. Topical vitamins. J Drugs Dermatol. 2008;7(7)(suppl):s2-s6. 6. McCall-Perez F, Stephens TJ, Herndon Jr JH. Efficacy and tolerability of a facial serum for fine lines, wrinkles, and photodamaged skin. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2011;4(7):51-54.